Wellness Gifts Of Love
Supporting family and friends on their Wellness and Fitness journey is awesome! However, often we may plead, prod, exhort and emotionally prompt people around us to embark on this path, only to have it fall on deaf ears. How about considering something more tangible to shake things up? How about exploring wellness gifts of love that might kick start a procrastinator’s progress towards their Health and Fitness?
To me, such gifts show that someone truly cares, understands, and values you to go beyond the obvious in gifting. Not to mention, that these gifts can compare so favourably with usual (often recycled) ones that irritatingly demonstrate not only a clear lack of thought and effort in gifting, but also a lack of knowing a person well – contrary to claims.
Now, if what goes around must come around, my question is why not start a cycle that has the potential to spark a new fire in others and turn into a gift for life, rather than something transient or what the person keeps choosing for self anyway? What a powerful gift it would make!
Gifts As Agents Of Change
Gym and spa coupons jump instantly to mind for many. However, let’s also think beyond the obvious to mix fun, excitement, and relevance in Wellness Gifting while of course, considering the budget. Pooling with others could help increase options, especially in what I call, ‘experience’ based gifts.
Here are some ideas to get you thinking:
- Outdoor Experiences & Adventures: Think camping, trekking, white water rafting, paddling, snorkeling/diving, jungle safaris, fitness retreats, etc. These need a basic level of fitness to enjoy so it could provide the needed impetus to get started.
- Fitness Event Registrations: Gifting event registrations for running, cycling, swimming or those based around physical activities could help someone set goals where there might be none. Such events require one to step out of their comfort zones and train to participate. Participating and completing them can be exciting and empowering for most, often resulting in further such pursuits.
- One-On-One Consultation sessions with a Health & Wellness Specialist. This could trigger positive changes in thought and action.
- Physical Gaming Consoles: These can help develop fitness and skill simultaneously, while having fun.
- Monitoring & Fitness Devices: Watches, sensor bands, weight scales, domestic medical testing, and monitoring products (for Blood Pressure, Blood Sugar, etc.) if someone you know has health issues but may not take them seriously (ostrich syndrome?) and hasn’t invested in these.
- Fitness Attire: preferably of a brand the person likes (apparel, shoes, etc.). I know friends who started getting active after I gifted these with a note that said, “Would love to see you use these for the activity they are intended for ;-)!”
- Gifts For Managing Stress/Pain: massagers, foam rollers, rolling balls, etc. If you are part of a stress management/practice group you could gift a few sessions if they are paid ones or if free, introduce them to the circle and personally be invested in their progress.
- Small Home Workout Equipment: Many options to choose from here in a wide price range – mats, resistance bands, tubings, free weights, exercise balls, Bosu, stability boards, etc.
- Your time! – If you can partner up to help someone get started or resume their wellness journey, it’s a priceless gift!
These are only some options. Choose a gift based on how well you know someone’s lifestyle, goals, aspirations, and constraints. Not all gifts have to be expensive to be valuable! Don’t be unduly worried that your wellness based gift may quickly be passed on further. Even if it is, your intention won’t go unnoticed and someone in the chain will still reap benefits. That’s good too!
Your next gift could just be the catalyst to spark new, positive and powerful fitness goals in someone!
About Vani Pahwa
Vani B. Pahwa is Health & Wellness Evangelist, and Founder, Body In Motion, who specializes in Functional-Fitness, and Cancer Exercise & Rehabilitation. With almost 2 decades of experience, and certifications from leading internationally-accredited and globally-recognized fitness institutions, Vani is the leading Wellness Expert for Multinational Corporations and is a recognized Speaker and Coach. An Indian Classical Dancer, Vani encompasses her learnings from dance to everyday movement making “exercise and training for life, not just events.” To know more about Vani and her premium wellness services, visit https://www.bodyinmotion.in